Find this page at:
- Strawberries Crop Profile
Includes information on general production practices, pest management, and worker activities. Chemical and cultural control recommendations on insects, mites, diseases, and weeds are included.
- Strawberry Grower Portal – N.C. Cooperative Extension
Up-to-date website that contains advisories and detailed information on management, production, research, weather and climate and IPM diagnostic tools. Crop news articles are posted regularly.
- Strawberry Grower Information – Southern Region Small Fruit Consortium
This website has a variety of production information on strawberries and includes a list of regional experts and issues of Small Fruit News. The Southeast Regional Strawberry Integrated Pest Management Guide is found on this website.
- Strawberry Diagnostic Key – N.C. Cooperative Extension
A database driven identification tool to help growers visually identify disorders including insect, disease, nutrition and physiological problems.
- Strawberry Fruit Infection Risk Tool– N.C. Cooperative Extension A weather-based forecasting tool to help manage Gray Mold and Anthracnose
- Strawberry Diseases and Their Control – See the regional strawberry IPM guide
- Diagnosis of Strawberry Diseases – N.C. Cooperative Extension
Overview of diseases and their seasonal occurrence
- The Strawberry Weevil – N.C. Cooperative Extension
An overview of this sporadic pest.
- Horticulture Information Leaflets – Commercial Small Fruits – N.C. Cooperative Extension. Information on weed control options for strawberries on plastic.
Pest Management Strategic Plan
- Pest Management Strategic Plan for Strawberries in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia
Summary from a 2000 workshop on research, regulatory, and education priorities in insect, disease and weed management in strawberry production.
- IPM and Production Guides – Southern Region Small Fruit Consortium
Two strawberry production guides are housed on this website: Southeast Regional Strawberry Integrated Management Guide (updated annually) and Southeast Regional Strawberry Plasticulture Production Guide.
- North Carolina Agricultural Chemicals Manual
The manual has ten main sections:
I. Pesticide use and safety information
II. Chemical application equipment
III. How to send specimens for disease, insect, and weed identification
IV. Fertilizer use
V. Insect control
VI. Insect and disease control of fruits
VII. Chemical weed control
VIII. Plant growth regulators
IX. Animal damage control
X. Disease control
Detailed information on controlling pests of field crops, forage crops, grains, fruits, vegetables, ornamentals, turf, landscape, nursery, livestock, poultry, home garden, communities, and industrial sites is included.