- Strawberries Crop Profile
Includes information on general production practices, pest management, and worker activities. Chemical and cultural control recommendations on insects, mites, diseases, and weeds are included.
- Strawberry Diagnostic Key – N.C. Cooperative Extension
A database driven identification tool to help growers visually identify disorders including insect, disease, nutrition and physiological problems.
- Strawberry Fruit Infection Risk Tool– N.C. Cooperative Extension A weather-based forecasting tool to help manage Gray Mold and Anthracnose
Pest Management Strategic Plan
- IPM and Production Guides – Southern Region Small Fruit Consortium
Two strawberry production guides are housed on this website: Southeast Regional Strawberry Integrated Management Guide (updated annually) and Southeast Regional Strawberry Plasticulture Production Guide.
- North Carolina Agricultural Chemicals Manual
The manual has ten main sections:
I. Pesticide use and safety information
II. Chemical application equipment
III. How to send specimens for disease, insect, and weed identification
IV. Fertilizer use
V. Insect control
VI. Insect and disease control of fruits
VII. Chemical weed control
VIII. Plant growth regulators
IX. Animal damage control
X. Disease control
Detailed information on controlling pests of field crops, forage crops, grains, fruits, vegetables, ornamentals, turf, landscape, nursery, livestock, poultry, home garden, communities, and industrial sites is included.
Return to Fruits & Nuts