Sustainable Agriculture & Organic Production
- Organic Grains Portal (N.C. Cooperative Extension)
Up-to-date website that contains detailed information on management, production, weather and climate and IPM diagnostic tools. Also has a section for new growers and home gardeners. Crop news and events are posted regularly.
- Growing Small Farms Portal (N.C. Cooperative Extension)
Website that offers numerous resources for growing small farms.
Site hosted by eXtension
- North Carolina Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Program
SARE is replacement program for LISA that works on the best utilization of biological applications, integrated management systems, and technology development and transfer.
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS)
CEFS is a partnership between NC State University, NC A&T, and the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. CEFS is one of the most important centers for sustainable research, extension, and education in the nation.
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association
The Carolina Farm Stewardship Association is a farmer-driven, membership based non-profit organization that helps people in the Carolinas grow and eat local, organic foods by advocacy,education, and building the systems family farms need to thrive.
- NC Organic (N.C. Cooperative Extension)
NC Organic is a web resource for North Carolina farmers, extension agents, and aspiring growers.
- North Carolina Specialty Crops Program
The North Carolina Specialty Crops Program was a multi-agency, statewide program dedicated to the new crop development. This site serves as a resource for new and specialty crops to farmers, entrepreneurs, and consumers.
- NC Herbs
This website provides access to updated, practical information on the production and marketing of herb crops and current projects.
- USDA Organic Web Resource Center
Information on organic certification
- USDA Blog on Organic Sound and Sensible Resources: Why Go Organic and Where to Start
- National Organic Program (USDA Dept. of Agricultural Marketing Service)
Was the information on this page helpful?